Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Office Hours and First Content Up

Office Hours!

First, you all can email me or text through Remind ANY TIME. I will get back to you pretty fast, if not right away. Emails: lisa.volkening@tusd1.org OR miss.volkening@gmail.com.

On the survey you took, the overwhelming preference for Zoom office hours was 12-2 PM, so I am scheduling my first Zoom meeting for tomorrow at 1 PM. I will do this for the rest of this week and see how it goes. You can jump in at any time from 1 PM to 2 PM, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and ask for help with anything. It works from a browser, the Zoom app, or you can download the desktop client. To join, just click this link:

https://zoom.us/j/825074462
Meeting ID: 825 074 462

I have also added it to the calendar, which is at the bottom of of the desktop version of this blog. If you use Google Calendar, you can actually add my class calendar to your calendar by going here and choosing to add it.

When I have less to do, I will probably make the Zoom meetings longer, like whenever I am at my desk. That way people will be able to jump in and talk to me whenever they want. For now, if you really need to talk to me outside of 1-2PM, and email isn't good enough, let me know and I can schedule a supplemental time. I really am just at home, working for the length of a workday, then still at home, but doing not work things. I can cut a piece out of my "workday" and move it to whatever time is best for you if that is needed.

First Online Content Ready!

I have put up the first bit of content at https://volkeningphysics.blogspot.com/p/electricity-unit-remote-learning.html . It is actually what we would have done in a modular + sequential day, so it is a lot. I don't have the assessment up for that yet, but I will sometime today.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RUSH THROUGH THIS. This whole unit would have been done by April 21st if we were in school, but now you have until May 21st. So take your time, feel free to put off physics to leave more time for AP review, family, work, etc. I will not be offended.

Reminder: If you still plan to take the AP test, your stuff is here: http://volkeningphysics.blogspot.com/p/ap-review-resources.html . I would be totally okay if you put off the electricity content in favor of AP stuff.

What I'm Currently Doing

Over the next few days I will continue to add to https://volkeningphysics.blogspot.com/p/electricity-unit-remote-learning.html, answer your questions as they come in, update the calendar with suggested due dates, and send out make-up and retake tests to those that ask for them.

Next week I will start grading your labs and tests, then sending you PDF scans of yours so you can see what you got right/wrong.

Again, if you have any questions, at all, contact me.

Also, here is my cat Bruce, who refused to move for like 10 minutes while I was trying type this up.

                                                       




No comments:

Post a Comment